STORM Rodenticide Wax Block Bait
STORM® Rodenticide is a potent anticoagulant. STORM® Rodenticide will kill rats and mice following a single feed but death occurs after several days and thus bait shyness and the need for pre-baiting are avoided. Most infestations will be eliminated in 21 days. STORM® Rodenticide is ready to use and should not be diluted by the addition of other foodstuffs.
The active ingredient of STORM® contains 0.005% w/w flocoumafen.
- Select suitable bait locations such as active rat holes, along rat runs and under rubbish. Try to establish a barrier of bait location between living and feeding areas.
- Place 12 STORM® Baits at each bait location and 4 in each rat hole. Inspect the bait locations after 3 days and select new locations where there has been no take of the bait. Inspect again after 4 days and replace any blocks which have been eaten.
- Repeat the inspection of all bait locations at 7-day intervals, replacing fresh blocks only when blocks have been eaten and until all signs of rat activity have disappeared. Normally only 3 to 4 baiting rounds (pulses) are required.
- Mice have very limited home ranges and do not need to drink. They are more difficult to control than rats because their feeding patterns are more erratic. Selection of bait locations is therefore even more important than for rats.
- Place 4 STORM® Baits 2 metres apart in areas where activity is obvious, particularly where droppings are seen. In domestic premises, place 4 blocks in sheltered positions, inaccessible to children and pets and where mice are active such as under flooring, inside ceiling cavities, along pipe runs, behind skirting boards, furniture and appliances.
- Inspect bait locations and replace blocks as for rats until all signs of mouse activity have disappeared.